Monday, November 7, 2011

Nonviolence and Racial Justice

 In this blog I will discuss the key points taught to me by my classmates about Nonviolence and Racial Justice. I was taught about the Nonviolent methods used to get points across with efficiently rather than brutal force. I also learned more about segeration laws seperate but equal, meaning as long as a crime isnt committed against the white race Negros would have a fair shake. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. preached to people to use religion as a support system. he believed that no one man or woman had what it took to use Nonviolent methods own their own will, and the religion provided them with the strength to endore this practice used. Dr. King never talked bad about the enemy ortried to put them down he always tried to embrace them. He always preached people wasn t bad but the things they believed  and preached was. Dr. King believed in an old fashion saying kill them with kindness. A quote from the teaching I liked today was "Do not seek to defeat or humilate the opponent". To me this means a lot because a humilated person will be more vengful than a humble and defeated person.

No comments:

Post a Comment