Monday, October 3, 2011

In The text The Interesting Narrative of the life of Olaudah Equiano I have noticed A contraditiction in feelings. In the story Olaudah talks about planning an escape to return home. He was in charge of the poultry. One morning while feeding the poultry he tossed a pebble and killed one forcing him to flee earlier than planned. He wasn’t ready to flee but the fear of being punished by the slave master made him flee.” This alarmed me very much, and I expected an instant flogging, which to me was uncommonly dreadful; for I had seldom been beaten at home, I therefore resolved to fly; and accordingly I  ran into a thicket that was hard by and hid in the bushes”(Equiano 10). While hiding from the slave master Equiano acquired A bunch of mixed feelings which made his thoughts of being free a contradiction. He talks about the joy of wanting to be free but the fear of being caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment